21.10.05

My Dad is Home


In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
(John 14:2)

Today, 21 October 2005, my dear father Simon Jacobus 'Bob' Abspoel (81) peacefully went to be with His Lord.

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)

Thank You, Lord Jesus. Thank You for giving me my dear father. Thank You for all the love that he showed me. Thank You for the great example he is and always will be - to me and to many others. Thank You for the hope that lives in me. Thank You for the peace and strength that you have given us all. I am sure that we will meet my dad again in the place that You have prepared for us. Yes - I will see him again in the Father's House. Thank You, Lord Jesus!

5 comments:

Milton Stanley said...

I'm sorry that your father had died, but praise God that he died in the faith of Christ. I am praying for you and your family. Peace.

Finnie Family said...

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear that your father died, but we rejloice in the knowledge that he graduated with honours into the Kingdom of Heaven. Praise God for faithful servants and witnesses like 'Bob'.

We're praying for you and your family.

God Bless

Dean, Paula & Joel

Brad Huston said...

Paul,

My condolences on your loss, if only temporary. Blessings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Brad

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

Also wanted to condeolance (is that a word?) you and your family with your loss.

It`s good to know that he is now at a better place. I hope that will be a comfort to you.

Grtz,

Hans

Paul said...

Thank you for the kind words. It is good to know that you are praying for me and my family. We know that the Lord takes good care of us.
Blessings